.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Housefull

I just hosted a VSN (Volunteer Support Network) training at my house. Interpreted: I catered three meals a day, snacks, and deserts for almost a dozen PCV's for over four days.

Sample menu items included flafel, hummus, baba ghanoush, Caesar salad, Indian fry bread, Thai coconut chicken curry, all made from scratch. Purchasing all the foodstuffs required a trip to souq in a donkey cart. We used 145 eggs, 10 litres of milk, several kilos of onions ...

One evening we sat on my roof watching a full eclipse ... and singing at the top of our lungs.

the Solar Eclipse (by Erica Wible)
chillin' (by Rob Revere)
Eclipse party
it looked like a basketball, or ping pong or egg yolk ...
My apartment on the edge of the palmery feels like a resort to many friends. Many commented they felt human again after a long bath (also rare), leisurely walks, sitting on the roof in the sun, stuffing themselves with pseudo-American food, or playing with my dog.


(by Rob Revere)


It gives me joy to be a refuge and comfort to friends.


Surprise birthday cake for Jenny...


Front row: April, Dominique, Jenny (by Erica Wible)


Skye and I... gazing at the sky (by Erica Wible)

April: my assistant cook ... without whom I might have gone insane.

Strolling through the palmery. (Rachel, Dominique, Jong, Rob)


Jong undertaking yet another mountain of dishes...



The training center: Erica happily just completed a session.

Sam Sam. She has the life. (by Rob Revere)


Blondies... (by Rob Revere)



The roof scene. I just had a gardner come plant an additional twenty trees and flowers I'd purchases at souq. Oleandras, roses, jasmine, miska, trumpet vines, geraniums... I love my flowers.

Sam Sam my beloved.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home