.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Friday, February 09, 2007

Transliteration Obliteration

Every once in a while, I will be writing in English and forget how to spell a word. I will write it ten different ways and still not remember how it should look. My mind draws a complete blank and I often start laughing. The problem is that between Arabic transliteration, and based on which alphabet pronunciation I’m thinking in (i.e. pronouncing “ll” or “a” the French, Spanish or English way) there are often dozens of ways a word could be spelled.

I was writing the last blog I tried to write “anxious” a number of the following ways before looking it up and laughing at myself.

Ankshous

Ankshus

Anchus

Anctious

Ankcious

Ancsus

Ankshias

Anqshius

Anqchus

Anqcious

Ankšus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home