.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Monday, February 26, 2007

Time crunch

Surprisingly, I'm feeling a bit of a time crunch right now. It's spring, it's warm, and I know I have three months until schools and other institutions shut down, teachers (translation resources) and most of Agdz flee the heat while I melt away. There are lots of projects in the works: hammocks, purses, survey results to be translated and presented to PC directors, more ministry heads, and acted on. My girls' typing classes are going very well... there are so many girls coming and only two computers, so we've set up an alternating schedule so they can all have a chance to learn. This morning I enlightened Nadia on the idea of developing Excel graphs to show how much food girls in the dorm consume per quarter (which has been a major issue... they actually had to turn fifty girls out because there were not enough funds to feed them all. Which means fifty girls who cannot finish high school. They're forced to return to their little villages.)

My director, Bouchra is coming tomorrow to discuss the survey results and make a game plan. I presented to the delege in Ouarzazate last week without much insight gained. We're planning another meeting, however, as he had to run. There is rumor of a craft fair in Zagora that I might help organize. And somewhere inbetween I need to go to Rabat to have a dentist offer a second opinion on the root canal (travel time swallowing a week). All said, I'm feel a bit under pressure or possibly even stressed? In America, these tasks probably wouldn't phase me, but knowing my limited time, looming weather, looming end of service dates, etc. I'm rather ancy to make serious progress on each before the end of May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home