.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Coming home...



Every time I leave Agdz, whether it be for a day, a weekend or an extended period, I always have a surge of warm sentimental coziness fill my belly when we round the moonscape bend of the mountains and see the Draa Valley open far below us. The grand valley base filled with greenery from the palm trees, Mt. Kisane the grand backdrop behind scattered villages, and the River Draa winding about the base of the mountain ranges surrounding us on all sides.


I feel like I'm coming home. I am coming home. Agdz is my home. I have family and friends, work and a home. A dog and site mate; plants that need to be watered, errands to run, a bamboo chair to lean back in and pick up my favorite book. The mountains, the cool palmery breezes, the dusty streets and familiar faces. The hot air, the little crazy man who wanders around singing and pestering us with his silly antics, the doctor who calls out and demands me to drink tea with him at the cafe, the bizarre owners who have me come in for a chat and to check out all the latest carpets or watch them bargain with a Tashelheight woman. My favorite part of the day is when little children who run up to me in the streets, silently kissing me, giggling and running off. This is Agdz, this is where I live.


(These photos were taken by Antoine ... my photos being currently unavailable as my computer is in the States to be fixed.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home