.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Thursday, July 13, 2006

America Part1: The wedding

I just got back from a two-week visit to the U.S.A.!! Felt great to land on American soil, wear clothes I wanted, drive a car, eat yummy foods.

The main reason for returning was my friend Allison's (from Cedarville) wedding ... reunion with college friends. Great to see all of them.. weird, like hardly any time had passed.. and last time I saw them was a year ago, at Erica's wedding. (Wedding's make nice excuses for reunions. We're all debating how we're going to get together when everyone finally gets married and there are no more weddings.)

Here's the crew.

Cutting the cake.. (one of many)


The happy bride and groom: Mr. and Mrs. Marc L~


My Cedarville girlies... now I'm the only one not married.
I told the boys I would give them a decade to catch up.


The rehearsal dinner was at a beautiful old mansion ...
Angela with baby Maya, 8 weeks old.. I babysat her during the rehearsal ... she cried for quite a while, despite my bouncing, patting, strolling and anything else I could think of. Another beautiful reminder why I don't wanna be a mom any time soon. I'll just play with my friends' and sisters' babies for now.


I told Al I was bringing her the best bachelorette gift ever ...
a belly dancing outfit, straight from Marrakesh. It was. I had old ladies coming up to me at the wedding the next day: "I heard what you gave Allison... hee hee.."

1 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

Rach,
I will treasure my memories of laughing and talking, driving down winding Ohio roads covered with trees and glittering sunlight. Thank you so much for taking care of me and Maya...sorry one of us cried so much :)

I love the pictures you posted from the wedding events...do you have more? I'd love to see them.

I'm glad you are back safely in Morocco. Keep posting your stories and pictures. I miss you already.

Love,
ang

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home