.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Uhg..I'm sick

So... I have a week and a half until our six-month In-Service Training. I have a power-point presentation and action plan to develop (for what I plan to accomplish over the next 1.5 years), I need to learn HTML to build websites for my association, etc; should have gone to Zagora to teach English, need to be sharpening my Arabic for our language test (if I don't get an Advanced-low rating, my tutoring is discontinued), visiting my association in the evenings to stay involved as they prepare for the August festival... but alas, I'm in bed. I've been in bed for five days now.. sick.

Usually I'm either really sick for a day or slightly sick for a long time, but this week I've been stuck on the mattress, calling the doctor, and cancelling one thing after another. Yesterday I drank 24 glasses of water, three teas, milk, Emergen-C, and orange juice. I can say I have a sexy smoker's voice now (when I can actually speak). I've been popping more pills than I ever remember taking; just went on Antiobiotics last night.

Thankfully my sitemate Antoine and friend Jessica have been taking good care of me: making me tea, buying me drugs and orange juice, giving me back massages (my body aches constantly), washing my dishes, making me food, and taking little SamSam outside. Couldn't ask for better friends.

I'm hoping the antibiotics will kick in soon so I can resume my life (today I'm feeling slightly better.. hence the blogging in the AM). In the mean time, thank God for sweet friends and cute little puppies and time to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home