.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Thursday, July 13, 2006

America Part 2: Cincy friends

The first week home I rushed back and forth between Cincinnati, Somerset, Cincinnati, Akron, Cincinnati, Somerset... lots of driving, lots of shopping, lots of visiting friends. Church, lunches of 25+ people, family friends that poured over my pictures and stories for hours... and best of all, lots of time with my dear friend, Meliss. She's the best.


We drove straight to Teak Thai in Mt. Adams (Cincy) from the airport and talked and drank Pinot Grigio until the restaurant kicked us out.


Another night we went to Blind Lemon, my favorite outdoor coffee bar where they play live music until 2AM every night. So wonderful and strange to be back in all the old places again. For a couple days. When I saw people, it was like I had just seen them a month ago.. which was wonderful. I was worried it would be too emotional and strange. I phones and email are miracles. When my dad was in Peace Corps thirty years ago his means of communication were letters... three weeks coming, three weeks going... little bit different nowadays.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home