.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Monday, April 17, 2006

My Parent's Came to Visit!






My parents just came to visit for a wonderful two weeks. They experienced some REAL Moroccan life, along with lots of tourist travel and beautiful hotels, shopped-till-they-dropped, and couldn't get enough of the scenery and Moroccan architecture. I was thrilled to have my parents around... considering it is the the first time in my life I have been away from home/not seen my parents for so long a period of time. This last week marked seven months. Wow, already over half a year.


My favorite discovery was the fishing port in Casablanca. It was putrid, but the bright colors of rusted fishing boats, fishermen, nets, water, birds, ... it was all quite mesmerizing.
Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca ... the only mosque I know of in Morocco that foreigners can enter ... but we never came during the right hours. The outside was impressive enough.






Mom and Dad had to conduct some business for the raging Play Mart from afar, so they took calls from my cell phone... in the middle of the souq, or wherever.


My job for the two weeks was translator/barganer. I got this guy to come down from 1100 Dirham to 400 maybe? Quite proud of myself ... and Dad was happy with his fantasia gunpowder ram's horn.
The glorious thing about souq: fruits literally spilling out of a truck.

There are tons more I wanna post, but this is taking forever to upload and I wanna call my sis online, so photos will have to wait for another day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home