.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Regional Meetings & Mhamid

I'm in Ourzazate with volunteer friends. We just had a regional meeting to discuss our first three months in site. Problems, solutions, successes, frustrations. It was nice to just sit with other volunteers who are experiencing many of the same situations, trying to find artisans, trying to convince people that we wanna help them without giving them huge grants. Great brainstorming session. Thankfully we're planning on making those a more regular thing.

Today I'm headed to Mhamid for a craft festival with one of my artisans and a group of volunteers. An organization called Aid to Artisans is paying our way and doing training sessions on things like pricing and marketing with us and our artisans. Mhamid is south of Agdz in the desert... so maybe I'll finally get to see some dunes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home