.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Curses .. **Parental discretion advised ;)

Cursewords have become dominant in my everyday life (as much as I maintain the position of being "non-cusser"). It's not that I cuss ... at least consciously. On one hand I'm surrounded by hilarious people, like Jesse, who find ways to use the F-bomb for verbs, adjectives and nounces. I'm absorbing them by osmosis, I guess. For instance, I woke up this morning and Jesse, who sleeps next to me, said I sat up in the middle of the night and shouted, "Damn it, Damn it!" I'm quite curious what the problem was :-).

Secondly, learning Dirisia requires a significant expansion of the use of English cuss words to express daily activities. For instance, to say I woke up: "Fuq'd." Or, as we are learning in class right now (I would do good to pay attention instead of journal), to say "the coconut is in the corner" you would say, "Cock fuq qunt." I hope I haven't offended anyone. Most these words I would never repeat out loud in English, but you have to find humor under the circumstances, eh? Fun times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Meliss said...

I'm so nervous, it's my first posting on your blog. I finally just went ahead and signed up. I mean, let's be honest, I'll probably never post on my own blog, nor will I even really remember the web address to check it out, but at least it gave me the ability to post on your blog!
I miss you so stinkin' much!!! I love reading your blog! I feel like I still know what's going on with you...even though you're so far away!
I miss you and I pray for you! Though, I can see I need to pray harder as you are now a potty-mouth =). just kiddin'

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home