.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Monday, September 12, 2005

Boarding the Plane for Africa!!

About to take off. I’m huddled with a group of nerds from the group of 53 Peace Corps volunteers in JFK airport, waiting for our boarding call. When I get off that plane I will be in Casablana … Morocco … Africa!! My new home for the next 27 months. Kinda crazy to think about. I’m getting really excited. The whole concept that I’m actually relieved of all my responsibilities and projects and customers and issues and rent and life in the states is not completely fathomable yet, but it is amazing to think about. It is like a massive weight is just lifting from my shoulders slowly, yet surely. I can’t believe it, really, but just the thought that I get to go to Africa and begin a whole new phase of life, debt free and happy sounds incredibly wonderful. It has taken until the minutes and hours before my flight to finally grasp this, just a bit, because that is how it has taken to actually take care of millions of details. Wow. Gotta go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Carrie.
I would really like to see and know more of your trip.My husband is from Casablanca and so far I have not been able to visit.Nor have our two daughters so anything we can find with a personal touch is nice.You can email me at mrscarrie@hotmail.com
Thanks.
Bye

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home