.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Friday, March 30, 2007

Fainting spell ... oh the drama

There is apparently no end to bizarre health issues with me. I know most of you probably do not care to know, but in some ways, I see it as an integral part of my Peace Corps experience ... so why not share?

After two insane weeks, my body needed rest. I rested over the weekend. That was last weekend. Monday morning I rushed down to Zagora to meet with a certain Delege regarding our April craft festival. He failed to inform me that he had meetings in Rabat. Trip wasted. Well maybe not entirely as I met another lady I've been trying to reach for weeks ... but that is beside the point. Arriving back in Agdz at 2PM, I felt a bit odd and weak. I went straight home to bed.

Almost the entire week lapsed while I lay in that bed. Stomach problems mostly... but "stomach problems" so grave I stumbled into the bathroom in the middle of the night and fainted. I woke up to find my head resting on the bathtub. The nausea and dehydration were so severe I could not move, nor determine what to do for myself. Thankfully Miss April was around to guide me back to bed and give me water and drugs.

The drama just makes me chuckle sometimes. Everyone gets a stomach flu once in a while, but do they faint? Everyone gets a tooth ache once in a while, but do they need to travel 24 hours - twice - to get a root canal removed and replaced? Everyone gets a pimple once in a while, but do they turn into horrifying boils oozing from your neck? Guess I just have to be a drama queen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home