.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Apartment Is Approved

1/9/2006 9:34 PM

Today a representative finally came from Peace Corps to inspect our apartments. I was so excited when he called from the Taxi stand and requested that I meet him there in five. I rushed out the door, (in the back of my mind thinking how strange it felt to be in a hurry for once). Our future landlord was laughing when I bounced into his bakery, to find them all awaiting my arrival. Yay! It might come true, I might actually get to live in a place I loved, alone, with freedom and cozy things! He checked the whole place, confirmed our previous discussions about the landlord installing a bathtub, shower, sink, water heater and bathroom tiles, all for the rental price we’d bargained. Everything looked good to him. Well I guess it looks safe enough, huh? He laughed, staring out the window about beautiful Mt. Kisane. We signed all the papers while munching on gigantic dates, walnuts and cookies. It was official. I have an apartment. Can’t move in for three weeks, but three weeks is not that long and I have a great family here with lots of hilarious sisters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home